MindGenius Feature Highlights
MindGenius was designed specifically to meet the needs of business users.
The Key and Unique features of the application that support the delivery of the business processes that you face every day are listed below.
Map Creation and Navigation
Create a new blank map or select a template from one of the categories available in
the Templates Pane; Brainstorming, Strategy planning, Project management, Personal productivity, etc.
Use different Map Layouts depending on the task;
- Traditional organic Mind Map view
- Output tree for presentations, and brainstorming
- Organogram to create organisation charts
- Affinity diagrams for grouping information post brainstorming
- Input tree for cause and effect analysis
- Outline to preview documents prior to export and more…
The Map Explorer is unique to MindGenius and facilitates the navigation of large maps allowing you to move quickly between the high level and detailed views of a project without having to create a series of linked maps.
The main application window is where you build your maps; use different layouts, Expand & Collapse branches, Zoom slider, Auto Zoom, Display Levels, Pan Mode and Full screen view to navigate your information.
Select a Brainstorming template
and capture ideas directly into the map OR use the dedicated Brainstorming mode
to capture free flowing ideas.
Use Type & Return, the ability to just start typing then hit the return key is simple, unique and the quickest most unobtrusive way to capture information. (Ability to add; Child, Sibling and Parent branches).
Unique to MindGenius, Question Sets provide a framework for brainstorming, problem solving, strategy, planning, requirements gathering, meetings, customer facing sessions, etc.
(Select from a list of default question sets or create your own)
Use the Timer to manage Brainstorming sessions and keep meetings and presentations on track.
Automatically create Question Centric maps
and Category Centric maps
on exit from Brainstorming.
Use predefined categories (or create your own) to quickly analyze and understand your gathered information.
Use the Category Dropper
to quickly apply categories to the map branches.
Turn your map information inside out by automatically creating a Category Map (affinity diagram) based on the applied map categories.
Use Data Sort & Map Filters to analyze and view only the relevant information.
Quick filter – One click filtering of currently used categories, Advanced query builder for more complex queries and hide non matching branches to produce clear results.
Record task properties and manage to-do lists and projects to completion within the map. (Track; Start date, Due Date, Priority, Status, Duration, etc.)
Use Task Cards to Pin the details of tasks in view and quickly identify due and overdue actions.
Import Resources from MS Outlook to the Resource Gallery, no need to re-enter names and email addresses. Use the Resource Dropper to quickly apply resources to the map branches
Distribute actions in a map directly to MS Outlook inboxes and automatically synchronize with MS Outlook when tasks are updated in either application.
Create Resource maps to get clarity on a project and automatically generate personalized task lists.
Add Cost and Quantity data then Export to Excel.
Use Quick Filters and Advanced Query builder to see the project status and manage tasks within the map environment.
Use the Integrated Gantt View for Project Management capability within MindGenius without the need to export to other applications.
- Switch seamlessly between Map and Gantt views
- Assign Resources, Dates and Estimates
- Sequence the project activities
- Add Task Dependencies and Constraints
- Identify project Milestones and the Critical Path
- Manage resources using the Resource Levelling Chart
- Create Project Reports for Project Summary, Milestone Chart, Critical Path Tasks, Tasks Due etc.
- Export to MS Excel and MS Project
Comment and Review
Share maps with colleagues and track and review their changes and comments.
Encouraging greater collaboration on projects, document authoring, brainstorming and meetings
Create dynamic slides that automatically update when the map updates.
- Add text, images and notes
- Add slide transitions and backgrounds
- Update map slides during the presentation
- Distribute printed and PDF versions of your presentation
- Export to PowerPoint
Map and Branch Styles
- Change the overall map layout and apply local layouts
- Add auto numbering and auto colours
- Create custom Templates
- Apply Branch shapes and fill colors
- Format text font, color and style
- Change Connector styles and add arrow heads
- Add boundaries around branches
Add additional information to the map branches;
- File attachments & hyperlinks
- Branch notes – using inbuilt notes editor
- Pictures – from a Picture Gallery or PC
- Floating text boxes
- Insert connections between branches
MS Office Integration
- MS Word – Import and Export
- MS Project – Import and Export
- MS PowerPoint – Export
- MS Excel – Export
- MS Outlook – Import Resources
- MS Outlook – Synchronize Tasks
- MS Visio - Export
Import and Export from other formats and applications;
- MindGenius for iPad – direct exchange
- Adobe PDF – Export
- MindManager – Import
- FreeMind – Import & Export
- HTML – Export
- Image Format – Export (JPEG, PNG, BMP, EMF)
- Export map and attachments as a compressed package
- iThoughts – Import and Export
- ThinkingSpace – Import and Export
- OPML – Import and Export