6 Thinking Hats Explained Mind Map
Use this mind map template to break down any challenge
Don’t have MindGenius installed? No problem, simply start your free trial today to be able to download and open.
1. The White Hat calls for information known or needed. “The facts, just the facts.”
2. The Black Hat is judgement – the devil’s advocate or why something may not work. Spot the difficulties and dangers; where things might go wrong. Probably the most powerful and useful of the Hats but a problem if overused.
3. The Yellow Hat symbolizes brightness and optimism. Under this hat you explore the positives and probe for value and benefit.
4. The Red Hat signifies feelings, hunches and intuition. When using this hat you can express emotions and feelings and share fears, likes, dislikes, loves, and hates.
5. The Green Hat focuses on creativity; the possibilities, alternatives, and new ideas. It’s an opportunity to express new concepts and new perceptions.
6. The Blue Hat is used to manage the thinking process. It’s the control mechanism that ensures the Six Thinking Hats® guidelines are observed.