Add, Edit and Delete Branches
Add branches to the mind map efficiently by using type-and-return. In addition, if you use the cursor keys to change branch selection your hands will never have to leave the keyboard.
Branches can be created by:
- Type and return to add a new child branch to the selection
- Typing ctrl+shift+insert to add a parent to the selection
- Typing enter to add a sibling to the selection
- Copying and pasting within the map
- Copying from another application or browser and pasting within the map
To Add a Branch:
- Select a branch to become the parent (new branches till be added as a child of this one)
- Begin typing the names of the new branch
- Press the “Enter” key to add the branch to the map
When you add a new branch to the map the parent branch remains selected. This means you can continue to add more children to the same parent using type-and-return, or change your selection to add branches to a different parent.
To Edit a Branch:
- Double click a branch title
- Make changes to the branch title then press “Enter”
To Delete a Branch:
- Select the branch to be deleted
- Press the “delete” button on the keyboard
- The “delete confirmation” dialog will be presented. On this dialog you can choose what should happen to the branch’s children
- To delete with children, ensure the checkbox “including child branches” is checked
- To delete without children so tha children are promoted, ensure the checkbox “including child branches” is not checked
By default, type and return maintains focus with the parent branch, allowing you to quickly add several children to it. This can be changed so that the newly added child branch inherits focus when it is added, which you can do in MindGenius settings.